Saturday, October 25, 2008

Meet the Photographer


Where did you grow up?
I grew up in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains in northern Colorado. Living there as long I can remember, I never appreciated the beauty until I moved away. We lived 2 miles up a dirt road and as a result my friends were the wild animals and the next door neighbors down the road.

What did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was little I wanted to be a pediatrician. Growing up my older brother suffered from severe asthma and ended up in the hospital at least every year. It really impacted me; and I wanted to make him better. He has largely grown out of it as he has gotten older.

So why photography?
I have always had an interested in art; but never felt like I possessed the ability to really express myself through it. As a graduation present from High School I received a small digital camera, and for the first time in my life I could take my vision and show it to the world. My love for the art has only grown from there!

Besides photography, what do you like to do?
Most of all, I love spending time with my Savior; He is the reason I live and breath. When I get the chance I love going out and exploring and finding something new. At the end of the day though I want to be back home and in my own bed. A good movie has a way of inspiring me like few things do; when its over I want to meet the girl, win the war and change the world. That never happens in two hours like it does in the movies, but over the course of a lifetime I hope to make a difference.

I hope you learned something new!
Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment