Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Woes of Color

For the past year I had been using an old Sony Laptop that was given to me.  It was made in the mid 90's, sounded like a dinosaur and moved like one too.  I wasn't going to complain though as it did what I needed it to do.  A couple weeks ago though I finally gave in and invested in a new new laptop as I realized I was wasting a lot of time waiting on Vaio-Rex (My laptop).

As a photographer it is essential that I have a quality screen that is color calibrated; so that is one of the first things I did after getting everything set up.  After about 20 minutes the world of color was back in order and everything was looking good.  Everything until I opened Chrome to update my blog that is.  I quickly realized that my images in Chrome looked a lot lot different than my images in Bridge and Photoshop.  After a little research I found out that this wasn't a user error, but a problem with Chrome; Chrome doesn't color manage.  To make a long story short, I have made the switch back to Firefox as it provides the option of color managing.

All this to ensure that you, the client, gets the best images possible!

Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment